National Responsibilities of Professor Johnson
- As an Adjudicator
- My first National Assignment was as Adjudicator for
the country during the National Festival of Arts and Culture
in Abuja. The assignment was critical because the country
wanted good entries from the country who would fly the
nation's flag in International Cultural Expose.
- As a pioneer Resource Person
- I have served as pioneer Resource Person in writing
the Curriculum, lectures, setting examinations and marking
same, for the Nigeria Open University (NOU) in my capacity
as pioneer staff of the University of Abuja.
- Serving in the national (on-going) Cultural
Re-orientation Discourse Team
- I am in the national (on-going) Cultural Re-orientation
Discourse Team (in Abuja) in my capacity as the first
Professor of Theatre Arts from Akwa Ibom State; and as
one who served as Director, Centre for Cultural Studies
in a Federal University; and as one with good publications
on Culture (The latest being Ibom Cultural Offerings:
Arts, Crafts and Performances published by the University
of Cape Coast Press, Ghana).
- Served in a Team of Adjudicators
- I have been in the team of Adjudicators for the finals
of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Cultural and
Games Competition in Abuja (2009/2010).
- Member, National Universities Commission (NUC)
- I have constantly been on the National Universities
Commission (NUC) Accredition Team for Theatre Arts Programmes
in Nigerian Universities. Last year, for example, I was
in the team to the University of Ibadan for the exercise.
- As Convocation Lecturer
August 17, 2014
- I was appointed Convocation Lecturer to the fifth Graduation
Ceremony of the National Institute for Cultural Orientation
(NICO) Abuja. My lecture topic was "Repositioning Nigeria's
Cultural Industries for Economic Empowerment and Social
Security" (This paper is published by the National Institute
of Cultural Orientation).
- Featured in a 30 - minute Live Interview with
Federal Radio Corporation
- Recognized and selected by Federal Radio Corporation,
Lagos, Nigeria 2013 to speak in "A 30 - minute Live Interview
on ASUU Face - Off with Federal Government of Nigeria,
A Balanced Perspective for the Way Forward.
- Featured in a 20 - minute Interview with The
Friday, May 22, 2015
- I was selected and called by The Guardian Press, Lagos,
for a 20-minute interview for Informed Opinion on the
Federal Government of Nigeria Upgrade in Status of three
Colleges of Education (Adeyemi, Alvan Ikoku and Federal
College of Education, Kaduna respectively) to Universities
Other Areas of Responsibility