- While at the Camp Ground in Ramat Polytechnic
- I paid a visit to the NTA studio (1 specialized in TV
Production & Radio Broadcasting in my First Degree). There,
I observed that the studio lamps were improperly hung
on the catwalk. I asked the permission of the Studio Manager
to reset the lamps and fine-tune the beams for shadow-free
illumination in the studio. While on the ladder, nearly
every staff was in the studio looking at me. When I was
done, the Controller of Programmes gave me an Official
Letter to the NYSC State Administrator, requesting for
my Posting to NTA, Maiduguri. Also to permit me to select
any other Corpers of my professional mien for the NTA.
- Posted to NTA.
- Appointed Producer/Director of ALL Christian Programmes
of the Station. They comprised "Christian Half Hour",
"Mid-week Meditation", and "Epilogue". I was over-utilized
by NTA. Didn't have any holiday for the one year. Went
to work everyday to either Record live, Edit, Preview
or Review Programmes. Not one programme failed in one
- As Presenter
- Doubled as Presenter, University Challenge. A Live debate
show between programmes in the University of Maiduguri;
or Ramat Polytechnic; or College of Education. A studio-packed,
tension-soaked programme, devised by me.
- Appointed Drama Director/Public Relations Officer
- Christian Corpers Fellowship.
- Appointed Liaison Officer
- Christian Broadcast Committee, Borno State.
- Won Best NTA Youth Corper
- Won Best NTA Youth Corper for the year with Job Offer.
I turned down the job, though, because of promise of Graduate
Assistantship offer in University of Calabar. Later turned
down Calabar for same position in the University of Cross
Other Areas of Responsibility
NATIONAL | STATE |